Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
My husband and I

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Half way there and more positive then ever!

What a great feeling to know I am 20 weeks into this pregnancy and I am sitting here at work blogging about it. My doctors never thought I would still be working at this point so it just goes to show you that they do not know everything. You have to be positive and have faith in yourself and in God that he is guiding you to where you are suppose to be. If a dr says its going to be one way that isnt the final word. I may need to re read that during the next few months when there are moments of weakness and fear. It comes and goes. I had an ultra sound on my 19 wk 3 day mark and everything was looking good. He is measuring at 20weeks 5 days so they are going to test me early for gestational diabetes but I am not to concerned with that test because I have never had it and dont feel like I do now. I think because my husband is 6'5 350lbs and I am 6'0 tall our little guy is going to be big. So no cause for alarm just yet.  My blood pressure is good. It does go up into the 140s/80s if im active but once I lay down it drops so the OB isnt to concerned with it as long as it doesnt stay high for 2 or more readings. My kidneys are stable at 1.3 and they will be checked again this week. I wanted one of the doctors to tell me I wouldnt have to worry about an 24 week delivery and none of them would until the dr came in to view my ultra sound and she said although things can change quickly she sees no reason why I would have to deliver that soon. YIPPEEEE..

I think my drs might think I am crazy, I go in with 100 questions every time and want as much reassurance as possible but I blame them really because from the get go they talked about worst case scenerios and thats all I ever heard. So I have been a worried mess this entire time..
 Let's go another 16 weeks at least :)

1 comment:

  1. I think it's normal to have 100 or 1000 questions when your pregnant and especially with so many complications, but I'm happy your doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete